How to dry plaster in the winter (REPAIR IN KERSON TURNKEY)
Key: how much plaster should dry
Very often situations arise when repairs have to be performed in the cold season. Even in such situations, the technical requirements must be observed in order for the construction work to have positive results.
Today, the urgent question is how to dry the plaster in the winter, so that it quickly dries, holds well and does not crumble over time.
First of all, it is necessary to find the optimal approach and observe the required conditions not only at the final stage, but also during the preparatory procedures.
In winter, it is recommended to plaster the walls, adhering to certain rules:
- The moisture content of the surface should not exceed eight to nine percent.
- Slopes, niches of windows and doors, other structural elements that are quickly cooled, should be processed before the onset of cold weather, so that they do not cool to a temperature of +8 degrees Celsius or lower.
- How long the plaster should dry depends on what temperature is in the room, the maximum permissible threshold is kept at + 10 ° С.
- It is possible to carry out external work at a lower temperature regime, but only if the solution contains special chemical modifiers. Such additives give the mixture the ability to harden in the cold and become strong. You can also use the mass, which was previously added ground quicklime.
- The walls, folded by the method of freezing, begin to plaster, provided that each of them thawed to more than half the depth. We also note that it is not allowed to remove ice from the surface in order to accelerate the heating process.
- In order for the plaster to dry faster in the winter, you need to preliminarily do the preparation of the room - gouge the cracks, door frames, walls and slopes, glaze the window openings, install the doors, insulate the floor floors and so on.
- It is important to note that when using artificial heating systems, the temperature of the air mass under the ceiling should not exceed + 30 ° C, since the solution will lose its necessary properties - cracks will form, and its strength will be lost.
Winter plaster heating and drying
Building materials containing various astringent additives are dried in various ways. Properly drying plaster in winter from limestone is necessary using a small amount of carbon dioxide. In this situation, an accelerated method is undesirable, since the base loses its strength and collapses.
Lime and gypsum finishes dry completely in about two weeks. The room needs daily ventilation.
Cement and cement-lime compositions gain resistance for 6-7 days. It is forbidden to ventilate the room, since such mixtures absorb moisture from the air.
To determine how much the plaster of a complex or combined composition should dry is quite simple. It is enough to read the quantitative content of the elements and focus on the substance with the highest percentage.
The best heating for normal solidification of the solution is central, but if it is absent, then temporary heating can be arranged.
It is recommended to use air heaters and heaters inside the building, the optimal period of work is 6-8 days in the mode of +30 degrees Celsius. When the humidity of the mass reaches 8%, the heating procedure can be stopped, but you need to make sure that the temperature drops below + 8 ° C for a few more days.
If you need to dry the plaster correctly in the winter in unheated rooms or outside the building, then it is worth preparing a substance with chemical additives. This option will be ideal even if the weather is freezing.
Chlorinated water may be used as an adjunct to a cement or complex mortar. Such a mass well holds together cinder blocks, brick and wooden walls.
A mixture with a potash additive is used for plastering mesh and reinforced elements, since it does not cause corrosion of metal structures. It is also possible to use ammonia water for plastering brick and concrete.
How much plaster should dry in winter is (at least 21 days) a difficult question, but if you carefully follow the recommendations, the process will be as quick and efficient as possible, and the result will exceed all your expectations.
In our company you can hire professional stucco decorators and masters of many other repair and construction specialties in Kherson
Tags: Builder Apartment renovation Kherson 100 UAH. We provide services for wallpapering, How to dry plaster in winter REPAIR IN KERSON TURNKEY, overhaul of an apartment or house with sufficient construction, rooms, complex apartment renovation